[open-linguistics] let me introduce myself

Zoltán Varjú zoltan.varju at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:23:58 UTC 2011

Dear list members,

I would like to participate in the working group on open data in linguistics.

Let me introduce myself briefly. My name is Zoltán Varjú, I'm a
linguist advisor at WebLib LLC (http://www.weblib.hu/en) . I'm a
linguist-logician combo, having studied theoretical linguistics and
philosophy (and mathematics for a few years). I run a
Hungarian-English bilingual blog on (computational) linguistics
(http://szamitogepesnyelveszet.blogspot.com/). I'm
interested in open tools for analyzing and storing linguistic data. I
like python and functional programming languages (esp. Haskell). I'm
also interested in open data and civic hacking too.

I hope I can participate in the working group's activities and eagerly
waiting to discuss what can I do.

kind regards,
zoli