[open-linguistics] Collection of resources

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Jan 15 13:27:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Nancy Ide <ide at cs.vassar.edu> wrote:
> I would like to suggest that in this list of resources, we differentiate the restrictions on linguistic data in terms of completely open vs. share-alike, vs. anything else.

For what its worth, I completely agree that one of the things this
group could add to this domain is better documenting openness / legal
status of different linguistic datasets.

CKAN has a dedicated licensing field to do this (which distinguishes
between attribution / public domain / sharealike licenses, and
others), and I think this should be one of the first things we start
to try to do for as many publicly accessible datasets as we can. A
mapping exercise for open data in linguistics.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation