[open-linguistics] summer brings some activity?

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Fri Jun 24 20:09:02 UTC 2011

Dear All @ Open Data in Linguistics,

I quickly wanted to introduce you to Kat Braybrooke, who has joined
the OKF to help coordinate working groups and to generally make things
prettier around here... With her help, it will soon be a lot easier to
coordinate activities round working groups!

We have created this brainstorm of things working groups should have
and would be grateful for your feedback if you feel there is anything
that could be added / changed!
(http://wiki.okfn.org/HowTos#Working_groups)

@ Zoltan, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There is plenty
to be done, thank you for your continued support!

(@ Zoltan + all) I wonder if you could have a look here:
http://wiki.okfn.org/HowTos#Things_each_Working_Group_may_want_to_have:
and have a think about who may be able to take on certain roles...
e.g.

* who could manage an OpenLinguistics Twitter account?
* who could draft promotional material explaining the purpose of the
group for distribution at events?
....and much, much more...

Then... we could put a list of roles etc on the wiki, what do people
think? (wiki currently appears to be down, but we will resurrect
shortly...

Please don't be afraid to put yourself forward for things, there is no
minimum level of qualification - just enthusiasm needed - you can
correspond directly with Kat & I and with Sebastian to exchange ideas!

All the best and looking forward to the workshop at OKCon.

Lucy