[open-linguistics] date of next meeting

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri May 27 19:30:49 UTC 2011

Hi,
it was on there for a while, but it has disappeared (temporarily).
I tried to call Daniel yesterday, but I could not reach him. I guess we
could extend the face2face meeting to a workshop.

First, I was hesitant, because our last meeting consisted of Christian,
Jonathan and me.
If more people join, we could actually make a workshop.  Christian could
give a presentation about OLiA  and POWLA and I could say something
about NIF, NLP2RDF and the conversion of Wiktionary to RDF, but these
are rather presentations about technology and only partially related to
Open Data. I am not quite sure, if technology actually plays a role in
opening up data. It could be just a coincidence that the interlinking
and opening movement happen at the same time.

Who else would be willing to give a presentation? How should we select a
schedule? What should be on the agenda? I think we should only make it
into a workshop if there are at least 3-4 people coming AND presenting
besides Christian and me. Otherwise, we will just call it a Working
Group meeting.

Please post your proposals to this mailing list and add it here:
http://okfnpad.org/linguistics
(also add yourself, if you attend, so we can estimate how many people
will be there.)

There will be three days of workshops before the OKCon, so if we need
more than 2 hours, we can opt out for Mon-Wed.
I have not talked to Daniel yet, so I am not sure what the
pre-conference workshops will be like.

If we have enough potential presenters and attendees, I will make a late
submission to the Programme committee to get our workshop officially
approved.
Regards,
Sebastian