[open-linguistics] telco notes

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Mon Apr 30 23:51:38 UTC 2012

Dear all,

the minutes of the telco can be found under http://okfnpad.org/OWLG. Main
pieces of information:

* we have scheduled another real-life meeting for LREC (21-27th, May)
* we try to organize a skype dial-in for non-participants
* OWLG I publication (general OWLG overview) is finalized and will be
published in the LREC proceedings. Thanks for contributing
* OWLG II publication (application of the Linked Data paradigm to
non-lexical-semantic resources) is almost finished. We have an informal
prolongation, but I try to push it out this week.
* Uby released and presented at EACL. John and Judith still interested in
an RDF conversion. As soon as this is conducted, Uby will receive a number
of bubbles (one for every individual resource) in the diagram.

Unfortunately, some of the people who hoped to participate couldn't make
it, but provided some input.

* Sebastian N. summarized some results of the typology workshop in Leipzig
in the etherpad.
* Sebastian H. summarized the student projects to convert linguistic
resources to RDF (@SH: could you provide some details on this, such as its
current status ?)

We have a few open questions. At the LDL, Marieke and Antonio volunteered
to look out for possibilities for the next OWLG events. Any progress on
these ?

Best,
Christian