[open-linguistics] Linguistic Annotation Framework

Nancy Ide ide at cs.vassar.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:17:05 UTC 2012

Christain,

Thanks for the words of support for LAF! We do have the open source API in Sourceforge.

Your understanding concerning the fee for the ISO document is correct, and I like the idea of an "Open LAF" manual. In fact, as an ISO standard, the LAF document only gives the actual specification but does not provide much in the way of examples or extensive explanation, so an open document would be probably more useful in the end.