[open-linguistics] Linguistic Linked Open Data cloud

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Sat Feb 4 18:03:24 UTC 2012

Dear Nancy,

> Could the POWLA suffix on the three corpus resources be eliminated in the diagram

I wouldn't object. POWLA just means that the RDF uses the data types
defined by the POWLA ontology. I added it because there is another RDF
version of the MASC and I wouldn't claim my version to be more
representative than that, it was just developed with another
application scenario in mind. For Europarl and NEGRA, there is no RDF
version available AFAIK, but at least for Europarl, there are several
diffrerent versions around (as part of the OPUS corpus and by Philipp
Koehn, plus a number of annotated subcorpora), so it might be good
idea to distinguish it from Philipp Koehn's original. However, I agree
that this could be done on the pages that document the resources, so
I'll remove the suffix with the next update.

Christian