[open-linguistics] Telco TODAY at 18h00 CEST

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian_nordhoff at eva.mpg.de
Mon Jul 23 10:02:18 UTC 2012

Dear all,
this is a reminder of the OWLG telco at 18h00 CEST, 6 hours from now. Make
sure you are my contact on skype (thuan_seb) so that I can add you to the
call.

The agenda is found at http://okfnpad.org/OWLG and is pasted below
Best wishes
Sebastian

Agenda
Current publications
Future publications
Future workshops
Future Grants
Structure of the working group

=== Current Publications ===
People's Web
LREC

=== Future Publications ===

=== Future Workshops ===
ALT 2013, Leipzig (Typology)

===Future Grants===
==== DFG-NEH====
http://www.dfg.de/foerderung/info_wissenschaft/info_wissenschaft_12_40/
==== EU Research infrastructure integrating programme ====
http://ec.europa.eu/research/infrastructures/index_en.cfm?pg=consultation

=== Structure of the working group ===
The WG has grown beyond 100 members now. The informal structures we used
up to now allowed us some agility, but the bigger size might require some
more formal strucures. One reason would be the diffusion of responsibility
in large groups, the other one is representation of the group in the
outside world. The following is a list of potential setups

1) do nothing. Everything remains as is
2) designate a number of roles (Conference person, PR person, publication
person, mailing list person) who oversee and try to achieve progress in a
particular domain and report to the OWLG in regular intervals
3) designate a steering committee