[open-linguistics] CC licenses

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Jun 1 07:26:49 UTC 2012

It is important to keep these two issues separate.  The issue of misuse would require me to get into detailed scenarios, and I would rather delay that discussion until I could think through the details, consult with others, and so on.  However, the issue of non-collaboration is much easier to define.  The concern here is that commercial interests benefit from academic research and the cooperativeness of the participants in the interaction without providing anything back.  I think this is an extremely clear and well defined concern and perhaps it is best to focus on that issue first.

-- Brian MacWhinney