[open-linguistics] List of Open WordNets and Survey

Jimmy O'Regan joregan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 18:10:40 UTC 2012

On 13 September 2012 18:16, Sebastian Hellmann
<hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Somebody[1] just added the section Licensed vs Open WordNets on Wikipedia:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordNet#Licensed_vs_Open_WordNets
> The section contains a link to a survey of how open resources are cited more
> often
> as well as a link to a list of "open" wordnets:
> http://casta-net.jp/~kuribayashi/multi/

That's a multilingual 'wordnet', where lemmata from each language have
been linked to the synset ids of wordnet 3.0 (and it includes _only_
those lemmata that have links). I don't know that it adds anything
useful, when compared to converting the originals to RDF, except
perhaps as a means of verifying links.

--
<Sefam> Are any of the mentors around?
<jimregan> yes, they're the ones trolling you