[open-linguistics] First release of an English lexicon for DBpedia

christina unger cunger at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Aug 2 08:26:35 UTC 2013

**apologies for cross-posting**

Dear all,

The Semantic Computing group at Bielefeld University [1] is happy to
announce the first release of an English lexicon for DBpedia in lemon
[2] format:

http://lemon-model.net/lexica/dbpedia_en

It comprises 1,217 verbalizations covering 353 classes as well as 300
properties (all those that have more than 10,000 occurrences in the
DBpedia dataset). It can prove useful for a wide range of ontology-based
NLP applications, such as question answering and natural language
generation from RDF or SPARQL.

We invite you to browse and use the lexicon, and would love to get
feedback.

Also, everyone is welcome to improve the lexicon, extend it, and port it
to other languages (we are currently working on an initial version of a
Spanish and a German lexicon). The source is available on GitHub:

https://github.com/cunger/lemon.dbpedia

If you are interested in contributing, we'd be happy to hear from you!

With best regards,
Christina

[1] http://www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
[2] http://lemon-model.net