[open-linguistics] Is there an OWL for Orthographies?

Steven Moran bambooforest at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:25:59 UTC 2013

http://www.lexvo.org/

has links from language URIs to script URIs. At the Unicode character
level, script information is encoded here:

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/

GOLD has minimal information about writing systems:

http://linguistics-ontology.org/gold/2010/WrittenLanguage

And I started something along the lines of modeling writing systems,
described in a paper here:

http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W/W09/W09-0716.pdf

but my aim was more towards making simple orthographies interoperable,
using IPA as a pivot "writing system".

Do let us know what else you find,

Best,

-Steven