[open-linguistics] Encoding Interlinear texts

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian_nordhoff at eva.mpg.de
Tue Oct 22 20:01:12 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:42:56 +0200, Emily M. Bender <ebender at uw.edu> wrote:

> Dear Hugh and Christian,
>
> The AGGREGATION project at UW has developed Xigt (an extensible XML based
> encoding of IGT).  A paper describing this is under review, but the
> schema
> and some associated software can be found here:
>
> http://depts.washington.edu/uwcl/aggregation/

Hi Emily,
this looks very interesting. I will give it a try in the next days. One
question: is there any way to encode different degrees of boundedness
(affixes, hyphens), which are often represented by '-', '=' and similar
characters? This would be needed to faithfully render legacy examples, but
in the short overview on the github page, I did not find anything about
this
Best
Sebastian