[open-linguistics] LLOD diagram draft

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Thu Apr 24 15:22:07 UTC 2014

> Btw. I think grammars should also be included in the LLOD diagram.

As for the second part of your suggestion, to include grammars to this
category: First thing I thought of was that all we could reasonably
integrate about grammars would be their metadata, at best (as we already
have: the "information about language resources" includes bibliographical
data), but thinking about it a little more, there actually *could* be
machine-readable representations of syntax rules from SWRL-based NLP
parsers that constitute an actual formalization of a grammar. I'm not
aware of any, but I remember an old paper by Graham Wilcock on HPSG
parsing with ontologies where he proposed just that
(http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~gwilcock/Pubs/2006/RuleML-06.pdf). I am not
sure whether this line of research is actively pursued at the moment, but
if a rule set would be available, this would might be a reason to add a
"grammar" sub-category.

Best,
Christian
--