[open-linguistics] Guidelines for Linked Data generation of Language Resources

Jorge Gracia jgracia at fi.upm.es
Thu Dec 11 13:24:04 UTC 2014

Dear all,

This is to make you aware of an initiative that we are developing in the
context of the W3C Best Practises for Multilingual Linked Open Data
community group (BPMLOD) [1] that may be of interest to this community as
well.

We are currently developing a series of guidelines for "Linked Data
generation of Language Resources" [2]. The idea is to assist developers and
guide them in the process of generating and publishing linguistic linked
data from already existent resources. Most of the guidelines are advanced
drafts and we expect to collect more feedback from other communities before
releasing them "officially" as community group reports. Therefore, any
feedback will be more than welcome.

Currently we have guidelines for converting
- WordNets,
- Bilingual dictionaries,
- Multilingual encyclopaedic resources,
- TBX Terminologies.
- Development of NIF-based web services.

More guidelines will come in the future, so feel free to collaborate with
us or suggest new ones.

Best regards,

Jorge Gracia

[1] https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod