[open-linguistics] Introduction to the Open Multilingual Wordnet

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Fri Jun 6 02:20:18 UTC 2014

G'day,

This is a an introduction to the Open Multilingual Wordnet .

The Open Multilingual Wordnet is a massively multilingual project linking all
interested open licensed wordnet projects through the Princeton
Wordnet of English.

It is maintained by Francis Bond <bond at ieee.org> at NTU (Nanyang
Technological University), Singapore.

The goal is to make it easy to use wordnets in multiple languages.
We have an easy to use online search interface, and we also make all data
available to download (in tabbed, LMF and  RDF-native Lemon formats).

Projects curated data contribute with linked wordnet data for 26
languages, with more being added at the rate of around one/month.

We also make available an extended version, including high confidence
automatically extracted lemmas from Wiktionary and Unicode CLDR,
with data for over 150 languages.

The wordnets are linked to the Suggested Upper Merged Ontology (Niles
and Pease, 2001; Pease, 2011); the TempoWordNet (Dias et al., 2014);
the Multilingual, layered sentiment lexicons (ML-SentiCon: Cruz et al., 2014);
and SentiWordNet3.0 (Baccianella et al., 2010).

The URL is http://compling.hss.ntu.edu.sg/omw

If you have a wordnet (or wordnets) released under an open license, or
other interesting data linked to the Princeton wordnet that you would
like to add, please let us know.  Sadly, we are still missing most
African, Indian and American languages.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies