[open-linguistics] ANN, the new DBpedia Association

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Mar 20 12:55:54 UTC 2014

(please forward)

Dear all,

we are very happy to announce that we have succeeded in the formation of
a new organization to support DBpedia and its community.
The DBpedia Association is now officially in action. In the coming
months, we hope to raise funding to reach some of the goals outlined in
our charter: http://dbpedia.org/association

At the European Data Forum in Athens today and tomorrow, you are able to
meet many of the people from the DBpedia Community who have helped to
create the DBpedia Association for example Martin Kaltenböck, Michael
Martin and Dimitris Kontokostas will be at the the LOD2 Booth at EDF
and  Asunción Gómez Pérez will be at the LD4LT side event on Friday
(Just to name a few)

 From September 1st-5th in Leipzig, we hope to gather everyone to
celebrate this great achievement. Especially on the 3rd of September,
where we will have the 2nd DBpedia Community meeting, which is
co-located with the SEMANTiCS 2014 (formerly i-SEMANTICS) on September 4-5.

The people who have all worked together to create this wealth of value
under the DBpedia name are so numerous that we are hardly able to know
their exact number or all their names. For proper acknowledgement, as a
first action the DBpedia Association will start to give out Linked Data
URIs during the next months for all its contributors and supporters.

Personally, I am very proud to live in such a great age of collaboration
where we are able to work together across borders and institutions.

Hope to see you in person in September or earlier as linked data under
the http://dbpedia.org/community/$contributor namespace.
Sebastian Hellmann

--
Sebastian Hellmann
AKSW/NLP2RDF research group
Insitute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) affiliated with DBpedia
Events:
* *21st March, 2014*: LD4LT Kick-Off
<https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/LD4LT_Group_Kick-Off_and_Roadmap_Meeting>
@European Data Forum
* *Sept. 1-5, 2014* Conference Week in Leipzig, including
** *Sept 2nd*, MLODE 2014
** *Sept 3rd*, 2nd DBpedia Community Meeting
** *Sept 4th-5th*, SEMANTiCS (formerly i-SEMANTICS) <http://semantics.cc/>
Venha para a Alemanha como PhD: http://bis.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/csf
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://nlp2rdf.org,
http://linguistics.okfn.org, https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt