[open-linguistics] Linguistic relevance

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Feb 24 08:30:49 UTC 2015

A while back,  there were a few vocab meetings for  the geo domain.  Their main conclusion was to start separating the place from thing that's at the place.  Example: the Eifel Tower has coordinates x, y versus the Eifel Tower is at a location with coordinates x, y

The discussion here seems to go towards a separation between the content,  the intention and the usage.

As a thought,  could we find criteria for all three? E.g. does mere usage in Language Technology qualify?

All the best,  Sebastian