[open-linguistics] Linguistic relevance

Robert Forkel xrotwang at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:42:21 UTC 2015

Dear all,
I have struggled for quite some time with trying to understand how the LLOD
cloud is supposed to be used. So I guess my proposal would be to select
data sets for inclusion based on their relevance for the relevant use
cases. E.g. if the LLOD cloud is supposed to be a curated, aggregated data
set like bio2rdf, used by linguists to do research, only data sets which
can be automatically integrated into it would qualify (and AFAIKT this
would exclude quite a few data sets) - and inclusion could be handled on a
case by case basis upon request. If on the other hand the LLOD cloud is a
collection of metadata mainly used to generate the LLOD cloud image, other
selection criteria may be more appropriate.
best
robert