[open-linguistics] BabelNet 3.5 now out!
navigli at di.uniroma1.it
Wed Sep 23 05:31:18 UTC 2015
[apologies for cross-postings]
RELEASE OF BABELNET 3.5
As an output of the "MultiJEDI" Starting Grant, funded by the European
Research Council and headed by Prof. Roberto Navigli
<http://wwwusers.di.uniroma1.it/~navigli>, the Linguistic Computing
Laboratory <http://lcl.uniroma1.it> of the Sapienza University of Rome is
proud to announce the release of BabelNet 3.5.
BabelNet is the largest multilingual encyclopedic dictionary and
created by means of the seamless integration of the largest multilingual
Web encyclopedia - i.e., Wikipedia - with the most popular computational
lexicon of English - i.e., WordNet, and other lexical semantic resources
such as Wiktionary, OmegaWiki, Wikidata, Open Multilingual WordNet,
Wikiquote, VerbNet, Microsoft Terminology, GeoNames, WoNeF, and ImageNet.
The integration is performed via a high-performance linking algorithm and
by filling in lexical gaps with the aid of Machine Translation. The result
is an encyclopedic dictionary that provides Babel synsets, i.e., concepts
and named entities lexicalized in many languages and connected with large
amounts of semantic relations.
Version 3.5 comes with the following new features:
* Improved user interface <http://babelnet.org>
* 272 languages now covered!
* New resources integrated: Wikiquote, VerbNet, Microsoft Terminology,
GeoNames, WoNeF and ImageNet.
* 13.8M Babel synsets and 119M Babel senses
* 1.5M synsets associated with domains (e.g.
* 700K compounds linked to synsets (e.g.
and then click “Compounds” on the left menu)
* Now a very large knowledge base, with 380M semantic relations among which
58M are labeled, with an inventory of 2655 distinct relation types.
* Fully taxonomized thanks to the seamless integration of our multilingual
Wikipedia Bitaxonomy <http://wibitaxonomy.org/>
* 10M synset-associated images and 40.6M textual definitions
* A new, improved version of the Java and HTTP RESTful API <
* High-performance *word sense disambiguation *and *entity linking *with
Babelfy <http://babelfy.org> *in *any* language *(including a
* *Explicit and latent vector representations *for millions of concepts and
named entities with *NASARI *and *SensEmbed *for state-of-the-art semantic
similarity (see http://babelnet.org/papers)!
More statistics are available at: http://babelnet.org/stats
Dipartimento di Informatica
Sapienza University of Rome
Viale Regina Elena 295b (building G, second floor)
00161 Roma Italy
Phone: +39 0649255161 - Fax: +39 06 49918301
Home Page: http://wwwusers.di.uniroma1.it/~navigli
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-linguistics