[open-linguistics] Next telco Thursday, July 2nd, 10am CET (Berlin time)

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Feb 17 14:39:25 UTC 2016

Dear OWLG list and Yoshihiko,

I would like to have a workshop at ISWC which mixes the following topics:
- Knowledge Integration (KI): Ontologies, Identifiers and Data with
respect to fusion of data
- Knowledge Extraction (KE): Lexica, Corpora and Knowledge Extraction in
general

I suggest the name of this Workshop to be "The DBpedia KIKE Workshop"
and it would be somewhat related to LDL, but is more general.
Overall, I would like to allow data submissions in RDF to create an
interoperable repository for Language Data. Well, the repo could also
just provide a backup or similar.
This would take the LIDER guidelines as a basis.

It would be nice to have an ontology classifying different layers of NLP
or annotations, if anybody has this.

All the best,
Sebastian
PS: I will set up a telco with Yoshihiko and others soon to bootstrap
the discussion about the Workshop application on March 10th
http://iswc2016.semanticweb.org/pages/calls/workshops.html

On 06/25/2015 11:04 AM, Yoshihiko Hayashi wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> This is the first time for me to post a message to this list. This
> message is written to ask for a discussion on the venue of LDL-2016 at
> the next week or future telco.
>
> My colleagues in Japan (Dr. Seiji Koide, and Prof. Hideaki Takeda of
> NII) and myself would like to present bids to host LDL-2016 as one of
> the co-located workshops of ISWC-2016, which will be held in Kobe,
> Japan, during 16-20 October, 2016. As you may know, ISWC is a top
> conference in the semantic Web field, the workshop selection might be
> selective. Still it would be a great opportunity for us to demonstrate
> a range of activities in the LDL area.
>
> As you might know, Kobe is a nice city located in Kansai (west) area
> of Japan, not far from famous cities like Kyoto, Nara, or Osaka.
> http://swsa.semanticweb.org/content/iswc-2016-will-be-held-kobe-japan
> http://www.city.kobe.lg.jp/foreign/english/
>
> As far as I've heard from Prof. Hiedaki Takeda, who will serve as the
> local chair of ISWC-2016, the call for workshop proposal will be
> issued around mid-March, 2016, meaning that we have time to deepen the
> discussion.
>
> This message has been cc-ed to Dr. Seiji Koide, and Prof. HIdeaki
> Tkaeda: we invite any questions you might have to push for moving
> ahead on this direction.
>
> Best regards,
> -- Yoshihiko Hayashi, Professor, Dr.Eng.
> Graduate Program for Embodiment Informatics,
> School of Science and Engineering, Waseda University
> Address: 2-4-12 Okubo, Shinjuku, 169-0072, Japan
> mailto:yshk.hayashi at aoni.waseda.jp
> http://www.leading-sn.waseda.ac.jp/

>> Dear all,
>>
>> some time has passed, again, and we should gather for a skype call for updates and upcoming events. I would suggest the regular time slot on Thursday 10:00am CET (Berlin time) for *next week*, i.e., July 2nd.
>>
>> Topics include:
>> - organizational issues
>> - wrapping up the discussions on "linguistic relevance" and LLOD cloud resource categories
>> - LLOD cloud diagram status and metadata management with linghub/datahub
>> - impressions from last week's Summer Datathon on Linguistic Linked Open Data (SD-LLOD-15, Cercedilla, Spain, http://datathon.lider-project.eu/)
>> - developments at the W3C Community Groups
>> - events on Linguistic Linked Open Data in July, e.g.,
>> (a) the 2015.EUROLAN Summer School on Linguistic Linked Open Data (13 - 25 July 2015, Sibiu, Romania, http://eurolan.info.uaic.ro/2015/)
>> (b) the Workshop on Development of Linguistic Linked Open Data (LLOD) Resources for Collaborative Data-Intensive Research in the Language Sciences at the Linguistic Society of America Summer Institute (25 - 26 July, Chicago, http://quijote.fdi.ucm.es:8084/LLOD-LSASummerWorkshop2015/Program.html)
>> (c) our 4th Workshop on Linked Data in Linguistics (LDL-2015) at ACL-2015 (Beijing, 31 July, http://ldl2015.linguistic-lod.org/)
> [...]

All the best,
Sebastian Hellmann

AKSW/KILT research group at Leipzig University <http://aksw.org/Groups/KILT>
Insitute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) at Leipzig University
DBpedia Association
Events:
* *Feb 12th, 2016* DBpedia Community Meeting The Hague
<http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/TheHague2016>
* *Feb 15th, 2016* Submission Deadline, 5th Workshop on Linked Data in
Linguistics <http://ldl2016.linguistic-lod.org/>
* *Apr 3rd, 2016* Submission Deadline, SEMANTiCS 2016: Workshop &
Tutorial Proposals
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VOWyU9Oo2KOuRh09R9CJeC9aWcSNokDW4yHeuGHICPI/pub>
* *Apr 21st, 2016* Submission Deadline, SEMANTiCS 2016: Research &
Innovation Papers
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYXVeO-vWwIctJgDv4rS3H5oFv0Yz_tyTo0xQcAEtPU/pub>
* *Sep 12th-15th, 2016* SEMANTiCS 2016, Leipzig <http://semantics.cc/>
Venha para a Alemanha como PhD: http://bis.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/csf