[open-linguistics] Gathering publication metadata + status of LLOD cloud

Christian Fäth Chris.Faeth.de at t-online.de
Fri Sep 28 16:15:59 UTC 2018

Dear all,

with some faint relation to the recent discussion about publication
frameworks and licences, I have a question wrt. metadata of
publications. Is there currently any repository out there with extensive
covery of our papers on open linguistics / linked data, ideally
supplying the data in BibTex format? If not, is there any interest in
creating such a repository? We might be able to host a service in
Frankfurt providing basic functionality. The idea is that everyone
submits his locally gathered entries and we merge the files and make
them publically available. Of course this can only be done if the
metadata is published under an open licence. Please let me know what you
think. It might decrease the effort of everyone creating, finding and
maintaining the metadata on their own.

In addition to that, I wanted to ask about the current status of the
LLOD cloud. Since the major version update at datahub.io several months
ago, it is no longer possible to freely upload and maintain datasets
there. Since a large portion of the LLOD cloud consists of datahub
entries or datasets referenced through datahub, a decline of cloud size
might be imminent. I know that John was working on a new web form for
adding data to the cloud but I am uncertain of the status. Since we are
on the brink of converting a larger set of XML corpora into CoNLL-RDF it
would be nice to know about the best practice for adding data to the
cloud in the future.

Does anyone know if or when old.datahub.io will be closed? Are there any
plans on how to proceed with affected cloud resources after that? (Esp.
datasets whose maintainers do not take care of the issue of their own
accord?)

Best regards and a nice weekend to all of you,

Christian Fäth

--
Christian Fäth
Applied Computational Linguistics