[open-linguistics] (Re-)Organization of Open Linguistics

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Thu Jan 30 14:30:42 UTC 2020

Since its formation as an Working Group of the OKFN in October 2010, the
Open Linguistics Working Group (OWLG) has been active in discussing all
aspects of open and linked open data in the language sciences, language
technology, knowledge engineering, digital lexicography and neighboring
fields of science, industry and the humanities. We organize international
workshops, e.g., the workshop series "Linked Data in Linguistics", we have
developed the Linguistic Linked Open Data cloud, and we conduct occasional
meetings and telcos.

As of January 2020, a number of administrative changes have been necessary.
The most important is that our mailing list migrated from OKFN to Google
Groups. This mailing list will remain our primary communication channel,
but in addition, we maintain a Open Knowledge Forum category for public
announcements. Aside from the forum, you can get in touch via

see https://groups.google.com/group/open-linguistics)
* Website: https://linguistics.okfn.org/ (to be revised soon)
* Forum (for public announcements):
https://discuss.okfn.org/c/working-groups/open-linguistics, or via mail to
okfn+working-groups-open-linguistics at discoursemail.com
* GitHub (currently for archiving existing content):
http://github.com/open-linguistics

Externally provided OWLG resources include the Linguistic Linked Open
(LLOD) cloud diagram: http://linguistic-lod.org/

We keep you updated on future changes.

Best regards,
Christian