[open-linguistics] Future home of Open Linguistics [IMPORTANT]

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Mon Jan 20 10:47:33 UTC 2020

W3C Community Groups are an option, of course.

Conditions for W3C CGs under https://www.w3.org/community/about/, also cf.
https://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/compare/. A difference to
just a mailing list is that this is slightly more formal, that a CG is
normally working towards one (or more) Community Report(s). This means that
most CGs are much narrower in scope than the OWLG.

I don't think any existing group would be an ideal match, and I'm not sure
whether W3C bureaucracy (even though minimal) and the technical appeal
won't scare off linguists.
As for creating a new one, I'm not sure how it takes to get one approved,
so we might not have the time to get it approved before this list is being
shut down, so we need an intermediate solution, at least.

Best,
Christian