[open-literature] Broken Links

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Jun 5 21:01:34 UTC 2010

On 5 June 2010 21:34, James Harriman-Smith <jh570 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
> My overhaul of the blog appears to have broken a few links on
> www.openshakespeare.org, does anyone know how I could fix this? I've found
> the following points of brokenness:
> The home page button 'Find out more about the project'

That's because you main /about/ page private on blog and that is page
used by main site. I've unprivated this page. I understand you were
trying to replace with a couple of other pages.

This is perfectly sensible :) but causes problems for the integration
into the main site. I'd suggest, at least for the immediate present,
putting a good basic summary of the project in the about page (so
re-integrating the individual pages you have now created -- you can
always have "for more info links back to the blog).

> The 'news' link just below the title

That works for me.

> The 'dedicated volunteers' link on the right of the home page

That's back now that i've put about back. In any case that sidebar
link should probably go.

> Talking of links, perhaps the 'Guide' hyperlink on the right of most pages
> could be replaced with a link to the blog article on 'How do I use Open
> Shakespeare' ?

Yes indeed. Or we can proxy how to use in to the main site at /guide/?

> Sorry about this,

Not all, great work on the updates!

Rufus