[open-literature] Annotations are go - so let's get started on Hamlet

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 3 18:35:27 UTC 2010

With the recent work of Nick and myself annotations are now go, see links from:

<http://www.openshakespeare.org/work/>

A massive vote of appreciation here for Nick's skill and unstinting
efforts in getting all the javascript fully-functioning (for those who
aren't coders I can tell you this wasn't easy to do -- no TextRange in
the DOM, overlapping annotations etc etc)!

I think the plan was for us to start work on annotating Hamlet:

  <http://www.openshakespeare.org/work/annotate/hamlet>

I've already created one annotation, so dig in and let's see if we can do Act 1!

Regards,

Rufus

PS: I should mention that there are still plenty of improvements to
come. Essential ones are:

  * Restricting deletion and editing of annotations to annotation
owner (i.e. user who created it) or sysadmin
  * Show user information on annotations

Further improvements that it would be nice to have:

  * Filtering annotations by user
  * Mark-up of annotation using markdown