[open-literature] Open Correspondence

print.crimes print.crimes at yatterings.com
Wed Oct 27 19:01:36 UTC 2010

  Hi Rufus,

Just following our earlier brief conversation. I've put it in my diary
to be on the OKFN IRC around 6 on Sunday so that we can move the site
off EU0. I've been doing some tinkering and have got a Xapian instance
on it and updated the CLI to index the letters. I've also done some work
to update the parsing as well for the textReferred element but it is
something that I'd like to work on to improve.

You asked about JSON. You should be able to get a JSON response from the
letters / index by sending an accept JSON header. If it does fit needs,
please let me know and I'll come back to it. I think it does need some
work but am only just coming around to trying to build some other pieces
of code to mine the data. Somewhere I've got some code to start
clustering the letters by words and I'm working on some Java code to
play with SPARQL and provide lists and so on. I'll post code once it
comes together.

See you on Sunday and here's hoping it'll be a treat rather than a trick. :)

Best,

Iain