[open-science-dev] Data-Transcriber Follow up

Nigini Abilio nigini at lsd.ufcg.edu.br
Fri Jul 8 03:01:22 UTC 2011

Hi everyone.

First of all, I'm following Rufus idea of using the email list. In this way,
we simplify sending messages, and start a communication archive.

I'm Nigini from Brazil, I'm starting my PhD studies in the great area of
collective intelligence, and I wish (with my advisor Nazareno) to be helpful
for the data-digitizer project. As Lucas told, we are planning to make
another "month-step" focusing two points:

   1. gain more experience with Bossa (and the other code produced) so we
   can build/suggest another prototype;
   2. think about the workflow design related to the system usage by the
   crowd.

With step 1, we'll try to bring more insights for the technical people, so
we all can decide the technology and architecture to be used. But the main
idea is to maximize reuse (minimizing re-code) of these opensource tools.
So, as Rufus asked about BOINC/BOSSA integration, it would be really nice to
have a way to integrate our Python code, as we all have more knowledge at
this technology.

Again, I agree with Rufus when talking about documenting things at Github,
as it has code, tasks and text integration tools, and user friendly
interfaces.

NIGINI.