[open-science-dev] Citizen Cyberscience Hackday

Lucas Ferreira Mation lucasmation at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:01:20 UTC 2012

Dear all,

as I said in the other email tread I have a "challenge" for the hackday.
Using PyBossa to create a Table-Transcription platoform for extracting data
from tables in scanned pages. This would be a general platform, but one use
is to extract historical data on demography, heath and crime in XIX Brazil.

We already worked a little bit on the Berlin-hackfest last year, and also
there has been some development in Brasil. Using all that it is possible
that a working solution could emerge from the hackday.

I saw in the program that the hackdays start friday the 17th in the
aftenoo, is that correct? If so I could participate remotelly in the
hackday.

In any case, let me know if there is interest in developing this in the
HackFest.

regards
Lucas