[Open-science-nl] Fwd: March For Science continues: come strengthen our team!

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:13:41 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Anyone here interested?

Egon

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: March For Science - NL <sciencemarchnl at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 7:20 AM
Subject: March For Science continues: come strengthen our team!
Cc: Maarten Frens <maartenfrens at gmail.com>, Zsuzsika Sjoerds <
z.sjoerds at gmail.com>

Dear March for Science local leader,

With the great success of March for Science almost half a year ago, we
still owe you a big thank you for all your support leading up to, and
during, the March in Amsterdam on April 22!

Behind the scenes, the central MfS-NL committee has continued to brainstorm
about future steps, as we all agree that the March itself was merely a way
to raise awareness. Now it is time to exploit this awareness and feeling of
community, and act in a more durable manner. We will therefore continue our
movement, albeit in a slightly different form, with practical steps to
'stand up for science'.

At the moment we are looking for enthusiasts to strengthen our team. Some
members of the original central organization are determined to continue;
some have given all their spirit and energy to the march in April, but have
chosen to discontinue further involvement and leave space for new inspired
souls.

Regarding your great involvement in the past, it was only logical to ask
you first for your interest in joining us, before we target our team
recruitment to other sources. We expect the organization of our new
movement to be be less hectic, time-consuming and acute, as was the case
with the march initiative. This might make a voluntary role in our team
more feasible for all with a full-time education/job.

If you are interested, please respond to this e-mail. We will organize a
Skype meeting beginning of November to further disclose the aims we have
now, and how we envision our continuity. We can then also answer questions
from your side, and decide together how we will continue, if you still like
to contribute, and in what form.

We hope to hear from you soon!

All the best,

Maarten Frens & Zsuzsika Sjoerds