[open-science-ox] Oxford Open Science 2012

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Tue May 22 09:19:32 UTC 2012

Dear All

We've had a great couple of general meetings now and it's been fantastic to
find out what people are up to around Oxford. OeRC have kindly agreed to
continue hosting monthly meetings and with that new found stability and a
set of dates until the end of 2012 (see list below), it might be an idea to
start digging a bit deeper with themed meetings.

27/6/12
25/7/12
22/8/12
26/9/12
24/10/12
28/11/12
26/12/12

What would you like to talk about? As well as ideas, I'm also looking for
curators to manage a meeting of particular interest to them by setting the
agenda for the evening, this doesn't need to be the theme you suggest.

Current suggestions include:
- Publishing models of the future
- The ethics and practicalities of open clinical trial data
- What can you do with open bibliographic data?
- Citizen Science: The role of openness
- The Bodleian on open science

Ideally themes should have broad appeal and scope to pull in a few
non-regulars. All suggestions and offers to curate welcome - please reply
as soon as you can if you're interested.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Jenny