[open-science-ox] Sharing Knowledge in Medicine and Open Clinical Trial Data: Wed 28 Nov, 19:30

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Thu Nov 22 14:52:00 UTC 2012

Dear All

Details of the next meeting are below - please forward to anyone you think
might be interested!

Jenny

*
*
*Oxford Open Science: Sharing Knowledge in Medicine and Open Clinical Trial
Data*
Wednesday 28 November, 19:30
Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road

Dr Richard Lehman, retired GP, "Journal Watch" blogger for the Lancet and
researcher with the Yale Open Data Acces and Medtronic independent review
projects, will speak on the issue of knowledge sharing in medicine and the
steps that are required to ensure that clinical knowledge is accessible to
the people who need it, be they researchers, clinicians or the public.

We will also be discussing the recent vocal push for open clinical trial
data, as exemplified by the publication of Ben Goldacre's latest book 'Bad
Pharma' and the BMJ's campaign for open Tamiflu data - why is this
important, what are the barriers and how can they be overcome?

OOS is a group for anyone interested in projects related to open science.
Maybe you're looking at ways to share scientific data more effectively,
planning a project involving citizen crowd sourcing, want to make your
research as accessible as possible or maybe you're just interested in how
openness and transparency could change the way we do science.

For more information see http://wiki.okfn.org/Working_Groups/Science/Oxford,
follow @oxopensci on Twitter or contact jenny.molloy at zoo.ox.ac.uk.