[open-science-ox] Leveraging Social Media to Raise Public Understanding of Health Research

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Oct 19 11:19:48 UTC 2012

Hi All

Just a note that Balliol is running an excellent seminar series on
Leveraging Social Media to Raise Public Understanding of Health Research.
Including Ben Goldacre, Iain Chalmers and a host of great speakers with
many topics touching on aspects of open science and science communication.

http://www.balliol.ox.ac.uk/current-members/seminars

Ben Goldacre's talk is on 27th Nov and will probably include points from
his new book Bad Pharma, which will be a great primer for our Oxford Open
Science meeting on open clinical trial data on 28th Nov.

*Wed 28 Nov: The Ethics and Practicalities of Open Clinical Trial Data
*(19:30-21:00
Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road)

Lack of access to clinical trial data is a major problem for the medical
and research community, which has sparked several recent high profile
editorials and a new book by Ben Goldacre 'Bad Pharma'. We discuss the
situation as it stands and how to increase the availability of clinical
trial data for independent analysis and scrutiny.

Jenny