[open-science-ox] Oxford Open Science Show and Tell, Wed 25 Jun

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Wed Jun 18 18:11:24 UTC 2014

Hi All

Details on this next week's Oxford Open Science meeting below - I hope some
of you can come along!

Jenny

PS Heads up for next month's meeting on 23 July: We'll be discussing
reproducibility with Victoria Watson and Simon Benjamin. Among other
things, what does reproducibility mean, what does it require and how can it
be encouraged? Further details TBC.

Oxford Open Science Show and Tell
Wed 25 Jun, 19:00-20:30
Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road

Oxford Open Science have heard some great examples from speakers local to
Oxford and from further afield about their experiences with open science -
from sharing data and code to citizen crowdsourcing to forging new models
of scientific innovation. This month's meeting is a chance to introduce
your projects utilising open science principles or tools and see what is
happening around the university. There'll be plenty of opportunity for
discussion, feedback and forging new collaborations so we hope to see you
there!

If you'd like to present, please do drop me a line on
jenny.molloy at zoo.ox.ac.uk for an idea of numbers and talk topics but anyone
who comes along will get a chance to speak.

Oxford Open Science is a monthly informal discussion group on open science
in a digital age. If you’re just interested in how openness and
transparency could change the way we do science, come along and explore.