[open-science] Finding data on funded research

Frank Norman fnorman at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 23 09:25:05 UTC 2009

Gavin -

There are various resources, but it is not a totally open area.

One subscription product is the Community of Science funded research database. Their help page has a bit of info, but you need a username/password to access the database itself.
http://fundedresearch.cos.com/helpdocs/userguide.shtml

In the UK there is the NIHR Clinical Research Network Portfolio:
http://www.ukcrn.org.uk/index/clinical/portfolio_new.html

MRC has its portfolio online:
http://www.mrc.ac.uk/ResearchPortfolio/index.htm

as do other UK Research Councils, e.g.:
http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/
http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/science/grants/index.html
http://www.esrcsocietytoday.ac.uk/ESRCInfoCentre/AdvancedSearchPage1.aspx

There are also various clinical trial registries, e.g.
http://clinicaltrials.gov/

Frank Norman
NIMR