[open-science] Publicising the Panton Principles?

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 24 07:24:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wonder if anyone has any cunning ideas about how we can continue
> to get the word out about the Panton Principles?

I have started to bounce the idea of "Panton Discussions" where we invite
someone to the Panton Arms and record/blog a discussion about Open Data. If
we get along publishers / editors then they might like to report the
discussion in their own organs or websites. A regular "Panton Discussions"
series could have its own momentum. The range of people could be wide and
there are already several on the endorsers list who would be very
interesting to talk and record. Ideally the dicussants should be present in
the Arms, but I can see occasional cases where we interview over Skype or
whatever.

P.