[open-science] State of "Is it Open Data"?

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 05:48:55 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just extracted about 3.3M SMILES strings (chemical line notation)
from PubChem for a subset of structures I need to algorithm
validation. Of course, I'd like to share this data set Openly, as I
know at least one other person who is interested in it, and we would
like to compare results...

So, I went over to "Is it Open Data" [0]. But browsing the queries, I
note that many are actually unanswered since the post in 2009... what
is the workflow here with respect to following up on queries?

Otherwise, it would be nice if people could express their interest in
a resolution for that particular query... sort of voting, so to say.
For example, I quite like the queries about the data in Chemistry
Central and J. Chem. Inf.

Egon

0.http://www.isitopendata.org/

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
Proteochemometrics / Bioclipse Group of Prof. Jarl Wikberg