[open-science] Fwd: Export Control setting for SourceForge.net projects

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jul 1 19:01:14 UTC 2010

On 1 July 2010 00:40, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Example when the law overrides Openness...
>
> Does OKF offer a freer alternative than US sites? Are we subject to legal
> restrictions?

This actually something someone else recently mentioned to me. From
the OKF end, people could run their own KForge
(http://www.kforgeproject.com/) instance to host their projects or use
the service we run at http://knowledgeforge.net -- though we're
probably not geared to provide the capacity of something like
sourceforge ...

Rufus

Open Knowledge Foundation