[open-science] OKF: What shall I say at the Open Science Summit in Berkeley

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 8 18:58:35 UTC 2010

Continuing the 5 petals idea there are some nice Wikipedia images for the
Roses of York and
Lancaster .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose_of_York
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rose_of_Lancaster

the petals could be red or white according to whether the person had created
an Open offering in that area. Altogether there will be
5R + 5*(4R1W) + 10*(3R2W) + 10*(2R3W) + 5*(1R4W) + 5W

a total of 32 Roses. These could be prepared on an OKF site - they would
look very pretty and people could download the appropriate ones. I suggest
they have single capital letters on each petal for mnemonic purposes.

They would make nice badges at meetings - you get a red  rose sticker and
peel off the petals you had achieved. Good things to talk about.

If we agree I could mock one up for Berkeley. Then during the talk I could
peel off one petal for each achieved item.

P.