[open-science] how to convince someone to publish open access?

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 15:04:13 UTC 2010

One can programmatically access references from papers in PubMed Central to
get at some of this information.

Obviously only catches biomed articles, and isn't as comprehensive and
Scopus or ISI references, but perhaps useful nonetheless?

Refs can be used to calculate a journal-impact-factor proxy.

I have some python code to do this... I think it is openly online but not
easy for someone else to pick up and use, alas ... let me know (anyone) if
interested and we can work on it together?

btw can always point to PLoS Biology and PLoS Medicine as quick counter
examples ;)

 Heather Piwowar
*DataONE <https://dataone.org/> postdoc with NESCent<http://www.nescent.org/>
 and Dryad
<http://datadryad.org/>*
*remote from Dept of Zoology, UBC, Vancouver Canada*
*hpiwowar at nescent.org*
*@researchremix
<http://www.twitter.com/researchremix>
*