[open-science] JISC Grant Funding 1/10: Access to Resources and Open Innovation (was: JISC ITT: Organisation and Production of a Series of Internet Radio Shows to Communicate Key Themes of the JISC e-Learning Programme)

Yishay Mor yishaym at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:00:41 UTC 2010

Perhaps this is better suited:
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2010/02/grant110bce.aspx

The idea:
Produce an open buisness model and supporting open training and advocacy
resources for open scientific knowledge

Many institutions are reluctant to adopt an open knowledge policy for fear
of loosing potential revenue. This is predominantly a result of misleading
media and outdated concepts. To address these issues, we will:
* develop a viable and robust buisiness model for open scientific inovation,
including business plans, legal templates, case studies
* produce open training and advocacy resources to educate and guide
intitutions in applying this model, inluding podcasts, videos, whitepapers,
* run training workshops for managers, researchers and adminstrators.

I won't be able to lead on this, so in the spirit of open knowledge, I'm
offering the idea for whoever would want to take it forward. I will be
interested in collaborating on it if someone else can take the lead.

 Yishay Mor, London Knowledge Lab
  http://www.lkl.ac.uk/people/mor.html