[open-science] IsItOpen letter for feedback

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 22:34:21 UTC 2010

Hi Open Science,

Wanted to let you know that Nature has responded to our IsItOpenData?
enquiry.  Their response is at the IsItOpenData site, and I've also blogged
it <http://science.okfn.org/2010/11/26/natures-response-to-isitopendata/> on
the open science blog (psst anyone else want to blog there too?  It is
fun!).

Note that Nature's response requires some careful reading.  Nonetheless,
kudos to them for responding.

That wraps up my IsItOpenData enquiries for a while.  Thanks to everyone who
helped make it happen.  To make future enquiries easier, I pulled together a
quick blog post with
tips<http://science.okfn.org/2010/11/26/isitopendata-tips/>and lessons
learned.  Please add more info in the comments!

Sincerely,
Heather

--
Heather Piwowar

DataONE postdoc with NESCent and Dryad
  remote from Dept of Zoology, UBC, Vancouver Canada
hpiwowar at nescent.org
http://researchremix.org
@researchremix