[open-science] IsItOpen letter for feedback

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 11:12:32 UTC 2010

Hi Egon,

PLoS, BMC, and Nature received the letter.  We got rapid human confirmation
that the letter was "receiving attention" at Nature but haven't heard since
then.

> I have a good feeling of what ACS, RSC, etc, will reply...

Agreed.  I think it is ready to go... just needs to be sent (and, in my
experience, followed up with a short email composed with few links and no
spam language, sent from a personal email account, alerting the publisher
that they have been sent such a letter, it may be in their spam folder, and
highlighting that their response will immediately be made public).

And for completeness in case there is a volunteer lurking on the list, I'll
mention that then there is a round of reminders and thank yous at the end.

Anyone, feel free to contact me if you want to send a few and have
questions.

Heather

--

Heather Piwowar
* *

* *

* *

* *

* *
*

DataONE postdoc with NESCent and Dryad

**

remote from Dept of Zoology, UBC, Vancouver Canada

**

hpiwowar at nescent.org

** **

http://researchremix.org