[open-science] document automation/reproducible research software

Ana Nelson ana at ananelson.com
Mon Sep 13 14:36:59 UTC 2010

I'd like to ask the group for feedback. My new project called Dexy is
about to be launched, you can read up on it here: http://blog.dexy.it/13

It's designed to make it easier to automate research documents, both for
efficiency's sake and to facilitate open science. It's similar to Sweave
in intent, but much more comprehensive and flexible in implementation.

If anyone is interested in trying Dexy out, or wants to have a chat to
explore possibilities for using it, please let me know. I'm a few years
out
of academia, so I'd really appreciate feedback from that perspective. I'm
also on the lookout for good demo opportunities, particularly ones which
incorporate open data sets.

For now, I'd recommend people to have a working knowledge of Python for
running Dexy but the goal is for it to be readily available to researchers
with minimal programming knowledge (a web-based version is in the works
too).

Many Thanks!

Regards,
Ana