[open-science] Brief persuasive case for data sharing?

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 23:54:24 UTC 2010

Hi Angus,

Good question.  Unfortunately I haven't looked at that.  That study was
pretty small and so only permitted a few covariates.

fwiw, I hope to look at it in the future.  As a result of my dissertation, I
now have a dataset that contains "number of authors" and 100+ other
covariates for 11,000 publications that created gene expression microarray
data, 25% of which shared have an associated dataset in public repositories.
 I need to gather citation data for all these publications, then will have a
comprehensive look at the citation benefit.  Just need more hours in the
day.  Or a collaborator!  The dataset is publicly
available<http://github.com/hpiwowar/Piwowar-Thesis-Aim3-2010>:)

Heather