[open-science] Fwd: Open Science Summit interview

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 21:12:54 UTC 2011

Two posts about Open Science Summit 2011.

I was invited to this last year and it was great. (If you haven't seen it,
this was my "Flowerpoint" contribution and greeting from the OKF
http://blogs.ch.cam.ac.uk/pmr/2010/09/14/oss2010-recording-of-my-open-science-summit-flowerpoint-at-berkeley/).

================

Dear participants of the Open Science Summit 2010,

my name is Lorenzo Albanello, I'm helping Joseph Jackson in the organization
of the Open Science Summit 2011. Among other things, to promote the summit I
would like to make a brief video that contains little clips of your
interviews taken on the hallway of UC Berkeley during the previous summit.
Watching those interviews I found that your responses brought up something
very interesting about the importance of openness in science, that we would
love to have in this teaser for the new summit. Are you ok with that?

The organization of the new summit is entering its hectic phase now,
sponsors and speakers will be finalized in August. We are hoping to have you
join us again in Mountain View, Oct 22-23.

sincerely