[open-science] New comunity member

René Dreos rene.dreos at gmail.com
Mon May 9 08:39:57 UTC 2011

Dear All,

thank you very much for this interesting discussion. I did not aspected such
a great response from you.
I totally agree with Peter when he correctly pointed out that data in
science is quite open and what need to be improved is "how" data is
presented. For this to be implemented, following the correct ontology is
essential. But as Egon wrote, most of the time data are shared just because
journals required it, not for an intrinsic desire of sharing info. If you
add that we have dead-lines for publishing papers, the info for a correct
analysis are often not well presented or missing (how long does it take to
write a paper compared to upload a dataset in GEO?). Would it be nice to
have a tool (?) to help scientists upload their data using the correct
ontology and providing just the right amount of informations needed?

best