[open-science] Working Group on Open Data in Science

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri May 27 11:57:27 UTC 2011

Andy: this all looks interesting. I wonder whether you'd be willing to
write a short guest post for the OKF blog on how open data could be
valuable in doing the kind of research you're interested in doing.
E.g. I could imagine:

  * having more freely reusable data would allow more people to
undertake this kind of research
  * in the kind of complex models/simulations you're interested in
building being able to reuse and reproduce data and (parts of) models
could be very valuable
  * ...?

Anything which spoke to the specific challenges you face - and which
emphasised the value of the kind of simulation you want to do (e.g.
what kinds of problems/issues might it help to tackle) would be great.
What do you think?

All the best,

Jonathan