[open-science] Stockholm Open Science taking off

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 06:49:57 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Here is a quick update on Stockholm Open Science. We have had four
lunch meetings so far, on the first Thursdays of the month, which 2 or
3 people attending each time, including me. We talked about various
things during these meetings, like Bioclipse, bibliographic tools,
#altmetrics, bits about open data, etc.

There were more people interested, so for the upcoming last meeting,
we used a Doodle, and had 13 people sign up :)

http://www.doodle.com/g3ke3m6h6izh9ay9

Thus, December 12 is our last lunch meeting this year. It will also
for myself be the last meeting at all, as me and my family are
returning to the Netherlands, to start a position in Maastricht in
January [0] (yeah, I'm already looking at an Open Science node there).
So, continuation will be one of the things to discuss that day, and a
new driving force in particular.

The website is not online yet, but we have now a mailing list via
OKFN: stkhmos at lists.okfn.org. So, if you happen to be in Stockholm on
the 12th and want to join, join the last and just asked the geo
coordinates of where we'll have lunch :)

Greetings from Sweden!

Egon

0.http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/2011/11/going-to-maastricht-to-work-on-open.html

--