[open-science] Data Digitzer

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 05:19:35 UTC 2011

Thanks Jonathan!

Sadly, the data digitiser is currently aimed at aiding manual transcription
of tabular data from PDFs/images rather than automating the process as the
second blog describes, which would obviously be very awesome but we quickly
decided impossible in a day (Dd was hacked together at the Open Science
Workshop) if not impossible full stop. I get the impression with automated
digitisation that maintains tabular structure that many have tried
extremely hard and all have failed thus far, although if anyone knows of
any open projects that are getting close then let us know!

I've commented on
http://www.aboutsocialdata.org/tag/open-knowledge-foundation/ with words to
this effect.

Jenny